Stop leaving guns in cars.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So now we need to be afraid of having a spare weapon in our vehicle out of our immediate control?

Not so much afraid as awareness. Theft is always a concern. Access and use while inside a vehicle should be pre-planned. Also consider the risks of a gun in a vehicle with a child inside.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you had any vehicle specific firearms training or ever practice deploying your gun inside a vehicle under pressure? I’d hazard that 99.9% of people that leave guns inside their cars haven’t and it would be a total dumpster fire watching them try to access those guns in the extremely rare instance they would need to.

Is that a requirement? I didn't know. Do I need to prove I am smart enough to vote, too, or to speak my mind in public?

Again, just making sure I check all the boxes to be sure I am in compliance with the requirements to exercise my rights.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is that a requirement? I didn't know. Do I need to prove I am smart enough to vote, too, or to speak my mind in public?

Again, just making sure I check all the boxes to be sure I am in compliance with the requirements to exercise my rights.

It was a question about your specific experience and practices for preparing for a carjacking. Interesting that you chose to take it as an attack on your intelligence and right to exercise your rights rather than answer the question.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you had any vehicle specific firearms training or ever practice deploying your gun inside a vehicle under pressure? I’d hazard that 99.9% of people that leave guns inside their cars haven’t and it would be a total dumpster fire watching them try to access those guns in the extremely rare instance they would need to.

How other people protect their family is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

I'd wager that 99% of people that carry never took an advanced pistol course, or even better, a CQC course. How about a low light course for HD? So? I'm all for training but again, it's none of your business.

Last edited:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was a question about your specific experience and practices for preparing for a carjacking. Interesting that you chose to take it as an attack on your intelligence and right to exercise your rights rather than answer the question.
Interesting that you care. No, I haven't taken any specific training courses. But then, since you are the one in this thread attempting to dictate what people SHOULD or SHOULD NOT do, why would it be surprising I felt like I was being lectured? Wouldn't you feel that way if someone were trying to tell you what you should or should not do?

I take what I feel to be reasonable precautions regarding my firearms as is applicable to myself and my family. You take what you feel are reasonable precautions with your firearms as are application to yourself and your family.

When you feel like lecturing me about what I should or should not do - well, it's my right to defend myself - isn't it? Not to mention your dismissive, hyperbolic and superior attitude about it contributes to my feeling of 'eff you'. Do you feel put off by that?

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting that you care. No, I haven't taken any specific training courses. But then, since you are the one in this thread attempting to dictate what people SHOULD or SHOULD NOT do, why would it be surprising I felt like I was being lectured? Wouldn't you feel that way if someone were trying to tell you what you should or should not do?

I take what I feel to be reasonable precautions regarding my firearms as is applicable to myself and my family. You take what you feel are reasonable precautions with your firearms as are application to yourself and your family.

When you feel like lecturing me about what I should or should not do - well, it's my right to defend myself - isn't it? Not to mention your dismissive, hyperbolic and superior attitude about it contributes to my feeling of 'eff you'. Do you feel put off by that?
Well said. I have not done any specific in car training. That being said, I have used my conceal carry weapon/car gun to thwart an attempted car jacking on me and my wife. The perp opened my door and tried to grab me, he got a barrel to the face and quickly retreated without me firing a shot. So whether one has formal training or not does not matter to me. You choose how to best protect you and yours.

Latest posts

Top Bottom