Store vs Home FFL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any reason to not use a "home" FFL for a transfer if they are the closest to you and the cheapest?

Is there any reason a storefront type FFL is a better choice?
Ever hear of "Porch Piracy"? And, yes, a carrier service should never leave a package that requires a signature on the porch with no signature received, but does that mean it doesn't ever happen? Just something to think about, particularly at this time of year.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I only use brick and morter stores period. They have little to no overhead and undercut the real business man. I did a FFL transfer in Bixby once, felt like a back room drug deal you'd see on TV. Very unprofessional. Not even a nice office. A backroom in the house, snotty nose kids and dogs everywhere. 1970s dumpster furnature...never again.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I only use brick and morter stores period. They have little to no overhead and undercut the real business man. I did a FFL transfer in Bixby once, felt like a back room drug deal you'd see on TV. Very unprofessional. Not even a nice office. A backroom in the house, snotty nose kids and dogs everywhere. 1970s dumpster furnature...never again.

We're not all THAT bad . . . I at least have an office.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ever hear of "Porch Piracy"? And, yes, a carrier service should never leave a package that requires a signature on the porch with no signature received, but does that mean it doesn't ever happen? Just something to think about, particularly at this time of year.

It happens everywhere.

I've heard of carriers leaving packages at a gun store in a strip mall . . . after hours when the place was closed.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your "never again" comment seemed to indicate you felt all home-based folks weren't worth your time.

If not, my bad.

This is why I'm very selective in who I deal with anyway . . .
Put it this way, if I know you more than an internet avatar on a gun forum and know your home based business is a professional setting, I'll use you. I drove to Bixby from Tuttle to do business with this individual because he had a super good sale on what I was looking for and a "friend" (spoken losely).
I almost walked out before I signed anything.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Pretty judgemental of you. Did you get your item? Was it in the same condition as if you bought it from a b&m? Sorry a home makes you uncomfortable. And yes, they do have overhead, its called a family. That "professional setting" just means you pay a higher price for the same item/service.

Latest posts

Top Bottom