Straight pull rifles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone on here have any experience with or own a straight pull rifle. Savage is making one now and I’m thinking I want one. I have read where some straight pull shooters say that wanting to push the bolt down was hard to overcome but once they broke the habit their accuracy improved. I’ve noticed several European hunters using them on stag, red deer, huge keilers and freshlings.
I really don’t see myself in Europe killing hogs on a driven hunt but I have been known to give a pack of coyotes all 5 rounds from a couple of my bolt action rifles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the ISSC straight pull rifle made in Austria with 3 hard to find 10 round magazines, nice scope and ISSC carry case for sale if interested in this 17 hmr can send you pics and price tomorrow

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used an old Swiss made sporterized Schmitt Rubin to get the 2nd deer I ever shot in my life. That rifle hung around the farm for years for anyone that needed to use it. The gun was amazing accurate and the action way way fast. Just a little on the heavy side to tote. I think it was a 7x54 which is one of the most efficient rounds ever made in relation to the venturi effect before necked down belted magnums became all the rage. Wish I still had it.

Last edited:

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have no experience with straight pull rifles and don’t know why they were not very popular here. Perhaps those desiring more speed went semi-auto.

I am very interested in The Savage as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom