Strategies for Aisle-Blockers at WalMart

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is your solution for people who are oblivious and block your aisel at Walmart??

Here's one possibility:
Step 1 - Either airhorn blasts or shout "Ramming Speed" three times....then
Step 2 - Ram their cart out of the way with yours

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is your solution for people who are oblivious and block your aisel at Walmart??

Here's one possibility:
Step 1 - Either airhorn blasts or shout "Ramming Speed" three times....then
Step 2 - Ram their cart out of the way with yours

I wait politely for a few moments, and if they don't step out of the way, I ask politely, "Excuse me." 99.99% of the time this leads to them moving their cart/kids/scooter out of the way and an apology on their part.

Does this not work for you?

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think people in Walmart INTEND to be in the way, they just don't seem to pay attention to what's going on around them.

I was walking up an aisle once and came to a support pole right next to the shelf that took up just enough aisle that you could get a cart between it and the opposite shelf but nothing else. A woman was pushing a cart the opposite direction, so I stopped and waited to let her go through first. She stopped right next to the pole, picked up her cell phone and started to call someone. I looked at her like, really?? She kind of jumped, apologized, and moved on through.

They just don't look or think about it. I probably do it sometimes too.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I say excuse me also but sometimes I am in lala land looking for something and I am the fool blocking the aisle.
But I do notice the person coming up on me and tell them I am sorry for blocking the aisle.
They say you are fine.

I have helped people find things and got stuff off the top shelf many times for shorter people or people in wheel chairs.
Many people will not take the time to help someone out.

I do not go to walmart if I am in a hurry.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sometimes I say excuse meespecially if it's an adult li t looking for something. When they are just standing the talking is more odd a hey toy wasn't to hold your conversation where people are not trying to do stuff? Btw have done this at the gym as well when someone wants to use the equipment as their personal chatting area and told them there is a seating area available. When it's kids running around acting stupid with parents off chatting I turn my head and let them run into the cart. Hasn't happened too often but never fails momma is pissed off and all I do is shrug but shoulders and say something to the effect of pay attention to your kid.

Latest posts

Top Bottom