Streamlight M3/M6 LED conversion?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have some older Streamlight M3 and M6 rail mount flashlights that I would love to upgrade to LED. It looks like there has been something available at some point but now now. Does anyone know more about this than I can find on Google? Do any of the local shop owners happen to have some of the Insight Technology kits that were previously available?

Thanks!

Bryan

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's nothing on candlepower forums for these. Only way to get one is to find NOS of the streamlight/L3 made conversion. Should run about 45 or so. Ebay, and google are your friends on this one. It should be noted, that it replaces the entire bezel assembly and there are two different designs on the WML and bezel themselves. If it doesnt fit your threads, send it to Streamlight, and they'll make it work, I believe they replace the body with the newer thread pattern.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's nothing on candlepower forums for these. Only way to get one is to find NOS of the streamlight/L3 made conversion. Should run about 45 or so. Ebay, and google are your friends on this one. It should be noted, that it replaces the entire bezel assembly and there are two different designs on the WML and bezel themselves. If it doesnt fit your threads, send it to Streamlight, and they'll make it work, I believe they replace the body with the newer thread pattern.

Regarding "NOS of the Streamlight version"...I apologize, but I don't know the acronym. I've Googled around and checked Ebay and am not finding anything. :(

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
New Old Stock, for sale merchandise manufactured long ago but never yet used. So the same streamlight that was available at one point, that someones been sitting on. This same question has been posed a dozen times on Candlepower, but no one else has made one, production or custom, other than that one streamlight did years ago.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Resurrecting this from the dead. Lumens factory has an upgrade for these, and have a good reputation for quality products on candlepower forums. Since this thread is one of the top results when searching for the m3 upgrade, I thought I would post it. I will be ordering one soon, and will give a report back.

https://www.lumensfactory.com/en/product_detail.php?pid=379

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Resurrecting this from the dead. Lumens factory has an upgrade for these, and have a good reputation for quality products on candlepower forums. Since this thread is one of the top results when searching for the m3 upgrade, I thought I would post it. I will be ordering one soon, and will give a report back.

https://www.lumensfactory.com/en/product_detail.php?pid=379
I looked into these a few weeks ago. I'm still trying to decide whether or not to convert my M6 because it works just fine as is for my needs which is a laser/light for HD.

Latest posts

Top Bottom