Strike Anywhere Matches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't seen these in a while.

Used to love to shoot them out of my BB gun when I was a kid.

Looked online once to try to find some but they are considered hazardous material for shipping and cost out the a$$.

So, I was wandering around Atwoods today, picking up a few of the gas can spouts, and wandered down their camping aisle.

Lo and Behold!! there were Diamond Strike Anywhere matches. 3-300 count boxes for 2.99.

And I already know I'm getting a new BB gun for Christmas!!!

Dave

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Were they the real Strike Anywhere Diamond's or the type that need the ignitor strip? The boxes I've seen locally were deceiving. Be great to find a local supply!

I ended up getting mine off of Ebay.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found a mason jar full of what looked like the old stike any where matches in a garage shelf and found that they wouldnt strike on anything- even sandpaper. I dont know if they were just old or what the hell they were but they sucked.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Were they the real Strike Anywhere Diamond's or the type that need the ignitor strip? The boxes I've seen locally were deceiving. Be great to find a local supply!

I ended up getting mine off of Ebay.

Well, you had me worried for a few minutes.

Went out to the shed and checked. There is a striker on the box, but nothing that says it has to be used.

So, I took one out and struck in on the concrete. It lit!!

Genuine Diamond Strike Anywhere.

IMAG0414 (Medium).jpg

Dave

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish Yukon had an Atwoods. I wonder if tractor supply has them. I may check Ace in Bethany today. I will let you know if I find them there.

willystruck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember, many moons ago, wrapping the heads of these with a little aluminum foil, propping them up on the edge of an ashtray and holding another match under the head until they ignited. They made great little rockets to shoot across the room. Had a lot of match wars with my friends when we were growing up!

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Going to stop by Atwoods on the way to work tomorrow. Buying myself a BB gun for christmas! Memoriesssssss ..........

here is the BB Gun that my wife is getting me for Christmas. They have them at WalMart for 79.99

M4-177-1.jpg

Dave

Attachments

• M4-177.jpg
    M4-177.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 207

Latest posts

Top Bottom