Strike Anywhere Matches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not to beat a dead horse, but I scored something different today.

Went to a local "hole in the wall" store in Lawton. While checking out, these matches caught my eye.

Never seen these before.

Diamond Strike Anywhere matches.
But, small boxes.
32 count per box.
10 boxes per package.
$1.19 per pack.

Attachments

• Strike Small.jpg
    Strike Small.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 188

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dipping your Strike Anywhere Matches in paraffin wax takes them to a whole new level of matchstick goodness.

Turpentine is supposedly another good method for waterproofing matches, I have not tried it myself.

Last edited:

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dipping your Strike Anywhere Matches in paraffin wax takes them to a whole new level of matchstick goodness.

That's a great old school tip. Not only does it seal the match, it also gives your match a little extra fuel for a kick start. You can use the same wax you use for waxing your cheese blocks. :)

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Turpentine is supposedly another good method for waterproofing matches, I have not tried it myself.

Hmmmmm, I gotta give this a try ... I'm so glad the mods finally started a prepper's section here ... Ya'll are full of interesting and useful little tidbits of info ... LOL, whudda thunk it?? :naughty:

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Originally thought it had to do with controlling meth manufacturing but have found instead scarcity is due to hazmat shipping costs. Just glad that Ace carries them.[/QUOTE]

Actually, the part used for making meth is not on the match itself, but on the striker portion of the box or matchbook. When I was still in the LEO world, we would find lots of match books without the striker mixed in with the left over meth precursers..

Latest posts

Top Bottom