Strike anywhere matches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Walmart online is a lot cheaper.

I worked for Safeway in highschool. We sold these types of matches. A coworker showed me something and may have been fired over it, I don't remember.

He grabbed a box of the matches off the shelf and threw them on the floor. They ignited and caused quite a raucous and the amount of smoke was insane.

1636049534110.png

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Walmart online is a lot cheaper.

I worked for Safeway in highschool. We sold these types of matches. A coworker showed me something and may have been fired over it, I don't remember.

He grabbed a box of the matches off the shelf and threw them on the floor. They ignited and caused quite a raucous and the amount of smoke was insane.

View attachment 232370
Those say STRIKE ON BOX, not "strike anywhere" ...
:drunk2:
__

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Strike anywhere matches have an insane haz-mat fee to ship. Hence the price, IF YOU can find them. USPS won't ship them at all IIRC. Most companies have discontinued matches altogether due to the expense of shipping.

Like @trekrok said of slugslinger's post, those ARE NOT strike anywhere but require the ignition strip on the box, which will probably wear out before the box is used up.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use to cut the white tip off the old matches, fill up old pill bottles with them, poke a hole in the top to light it and have some pretty good smoke bombs.
Had a kid in my high school do something like that with a 50 cal shell. He went to tamp them down and blew off three fingers.

Dave

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a kid in my high school do something like that with a 50 cal shell. He went to tamp them down and blew off three fingers.

Dave
Ouch! I never tamped them. Just fill the bottle with as many matches as I could easily shake in. Never had one go off before I wanted it too. Of course I was also the guy that would disassemble Black Cats for the powder and pack it into a Roman Candle tube. Use another Black cat to set it off. Did you know you can disassemble a mail box with that? Luckily it was an old one on at an empty house.

Latest posts

Top Bottom