Strong weather this evening

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well we finally got some wind not bad and its raining now. I dont do cellers anymore dad made use when i was a kid but havent been to one in 50 years.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
We're all good now... just dark and rainy. For a couple hours we had sideways rain and sideways trees and some neighborhood stuff flying by but pretty uneventful. The people door to the barn leaked so had to mop that up.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a question for you experienced Okies. THose that have the in-ground concrete shelters in the yard next to their homes; how do you use those? You watch the news and see a 'nado warning or hear sirens and just go out side and sit in them? I assume you take a smalll portable radio and listen for the all-clear?

I just watch the sky, listen to tracking. Only felt the impending need to get in it once, had a tornado heading right to me, about a half mile way it turned north.

Back in the mid 80s I lived in town, close to the cement plant. I was working the swing shift, 2pm-10pm back then, came home was chilling drinking a few beers, watching some HBO, when a alert over took the movie, said there was a tornado directly over the cement plant, take cover now.

I was like WTF, ********, about then the sirens sounded, so I walked outside beer in hand at 1am, and looked around, thought to myself, self theres no tornado, until I looked up, yup sure enough there it was, circling over my house. Well **** I thought, meanwhile neighbors were tearing off in their cars as fast as they could, one guy took off screaming running up the road in his under ware, BAHAHAHAHAHAHA damn I laughed at that.

In the end the storm moved off, did not touch down, caused some wind damage but that was it. Few trees down and windows bused out a few blocks over. Ya that was a sight to see tho.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like the John Deere dealer about a mile east of me was hit by a tornado
Debris all over the road, sheet metal and tractor parts

Latest posts

Top Bottom