Stuck Safety on Pre64 Win M70

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m a huge fan of pre64 Winchesters, and I’ve now experienced the evidently common “stuck safety” (meaning it won’t go into the safe position) on both my rifles. The first time it happened I took it to a local “gunsmith” who completely ruined the firing pin. Ironically, I was able to find a complete firing pin assembly on eBay that fit and functioned perfectly. My other rifle started having a “sticky” safety a few months ago until it completely “stuck” last week. I was going to just replace it like the other one, but those parts seem to have gotten pretty scarce. I did a little research online, and I decided since it was already “broke” to try to correct the issue myself this time. It’s kind of a tedious process, and I‘ve worked on it over the last three days. I used a really fine stone to take the burrs and a little metal off the firing pin, and I probably measured it with a micrometer a thousand times. Well, I finally got it “right” this morning. :thumb:

Latest posts

Top Bottom