Students say Obama, but not Trump, deserving of Nobel Peace Prize

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kids ... Nobody takes them seriously ... At least not in this house. As my dad would have said "Go get a job. Get an apartment and pay your own bills. And give me back that car I bought you. Go buy your own. Go take care of yourself for 365 days and then get back with me. Now beat it. I've got work to do."

Grumpy old fart was right more than I wanted to admit back then.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Teenagers!

Tired of being harrassed by your stupid parents?

ACT NOW!

Move out, get a job and pay your own bills!

While you still know everything...

:drunk2:

Lol ... I said this to my boys more than once after they became teenagers. That and "When you start paying the bills around here then you can tell me how it's gonna be. Until then ... Guess what hot rod ... Yeah ... I'm not running a democracy here."

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Teenagers!

Tired of being harrassed by your stupid parents?

ACT NOW!

Move out, get a job and pay your own bills!

While you still know everything...

:drunk2:

My teenager said yesterday that she was moving out when she turns 18. I said go for it. How do you plan to pay rent, put gas in your vehicle, eat, cloth yourself, purchase your makeup, pay your car insurance, and pay for health insurance? The conversation abruptly ended.

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Both our daughters had jobs in high school. When they graduated and left home they both were still working, went through college, both purchased new homes and did all this on their own.
We told them both that they were going to have to work if they wanted to have anything. They took us serious I guess:woohoo1:
One is an account & one is a school teacher.
Yep I'm proud of them.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
My teenager said yesterday that she was moving out when she turns 18. I said go for it. How do you plan to pay rent, put gas in your vehicle, eat, cloth yourself, purchase your makeup, pay your car insurance, and pay for health insurance? The conversation abruptly ended.

Be careful... she might take you to court for those things, and in THIS day and age, she could damned well WIN!

Latest posts

Top Bottom