Students say Obama, but not Trump, deserving of Nobel Peace Prize

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't remember how many times Dad said that.

Then he would say "It's a sort of benevolent dictatorship. But the 'benevolent' part is wearin' thin...."

Lol ... That's funny! I never added that in. My boys would have seen it as a sign of weakness and I'd have been doomed! Haha! Bless their hearts -- they had it kinda rough once they started feeling their oats. I was terrified they were gonna get into something (i.e. getting some girl pregnant) I couldn't fix. Thank God they were all late bloomers and didn't really pay much attention to them until they were in their 20s ...

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I take all of these street interview videos with a grain of salt. They are designed to please a certain set of viewers. And it is a safe bet that if any interviews that went against the intended purpose they were not included. I'm not saying that Campus Reform is anywhere near as guilty of this as was Jay Leno....if you did not know the name of the country to the south of the US, you were guaranteed to get your 10 seconds of fame.

Most likely this video is fairly truthful in its depiction but consider these confounding factors:
Most people are eager to please the interviewer and avoid confrontation
Many students have a private opinion which they are fearful of voicing when it goes against political correctness.
Most people are nervous when on camera and default to whatever is easy to express.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Videos aren't meant to show how many people get the answers right... they're made to show how many are completely, utterly and incomparably wrong and stupid. And if you can find more than one or two that can't tell you Mexico is to our south, then our system has failed miserably.

I do love the ones pointing out the hypocrisy of attributing one politician's quotes to another politician and then showing them the error of their prejudices. Let's not get it twisted enough to believe these folks actually change their thinking afterwards, though.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kids ... Nobody takes them seriously ... At least not in this house. As my dad would have said "Go get a job. Get an apartment and pay your own bills. And give me back that car I bought you. Go buy your own. Go take care of yourself for 365 days and then get back with me. Now beat it. I've got work to do."

Grumpy old fart was right more than I wanted to admit back then.
The older I got the smarter dad got.

Latest posts

Top Bottom