Study finds a race gap in air pollution — whites largely cause it; blacks and Hispanics breathe it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read through good portion of the actual paper. There are lots of assumptions made, but also lots of conclusions that can be made with the same data that aren't related to race but more to economic status and location in the US. In addition, they actually use less than 2/3 of the data out there, discounting the rest as environmentally and governmentally-induced, etc. They also discount the pollution created by exports. If you want to use this model, then we (white Americans) can be blamed for the deaths of hundreds of thousands more (or millions more) around the globe, because we buy products they produce, thus polluting their own environment and contributing to their own deaths - all in an attempt to get ahold of our dollars.

It's a lot of circular logic and reasoning, but it is obviously intended to point the finger at whites where it is really more of an indictment of consumerism.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got rid of one car this year, does that help? If I drive 10,000 miles in years I'm going places. Some of theses studies are slanted to favor one group over another. Control vs non control group.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, we are the proud owners of a Ford Expedition (yes, the extended length one) and a Ford F450 truck.

I reckon I'm one of the pollutants and contributor to all that is bad.

But, should anyone think it is "white privilege," why would I have been called "poor white trash" in high school?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So sick of always dividing things by race. .
It's called Identity Politics.
Seperate groups and Identify with them to create a narrative to attack those that disagree with them.
ie, homosexuals, lesbians, transgenders, and so on.
All of this is a tactic to garner votes for dimocrats.
When you recognize those groups, you acknowledge their existence and praise gets you votes.
It's really simple when you drill down to the core reason identity politics exists.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They were attacking cops, veterans, conservatives, patriots, Trump-which is ongoing-and now they are attacking Whites which ahas been going on for some time (White Privilege). We are all citizens of this country and we had better all pull together or as it is written, "The house that is divided against itself will fall." There is absolutely no reason why we all can't get along but someone is stirring up trouble...we need to ferret out that individualist. Soros or ???
It's more than one individual, our society has gone off the deep end and not sure it can be fixed. People are no longer responsible for themselves and what they do or don't do. We are divided on race, religion, stature and political views with all groups thinking their way is the only way. A civil war won't fix it because we have too many sides to get organized. It ain't looking good and I'm just thankful I'm old enough to have lived through the good times and won't be around to see how this mess turns out.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's true that poverty is disproportionate to people of color. This is a bigger factor than race in this particular "study". I haven't read the study, but if the authors are truly scientific, it would be interesting to read it line by line and see what it says. I might have to look it up...

The bigger factor is that there were a lot more whites in the general population. Would be like saying that whites generate more crap than the others. This is just another example of how the 'masses' can be led....

:homer:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I may be wrong here, but aren't we beginning to see cases where one minority "identity group" starts bashing another minority "identity group" over some issues? I was thinking that I read something somewhere that some Blacks were complaining about the Hispanics. And, it seems that with such complaints, ALL of one "identity group" gets lumped in together, regardless of whether everyone in that group were "at fault."

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's more than one individual, our society has gone off the deep end and not sure it can be fixed. People are no longer responsible for themselves and what they do or don't do. We are divided on race, religion, stature and political views with all groups thinking their way is the only way. A civil war won't fix it because we have too many sides to get organized. It ain't looking good and I'm just thankful I'm old enough to have lived through the good times and won't be around to see how this mess turns out.
I agree with you, I'm probably got about 10 years left if I'm lucky and won't be subject to the fall.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got rid of one car this year, does that help? If I drive 10,000 miles in years I'm going places. Some of theses studies are slanted to favor one group over another. Control vs non control group.
Cmon John! You need to learn to think like AOC, if you wanna reduce pollution, you need to have 5 cars! A car driven 2,000 miles a year pollutes less than a car driven 10,000 miles a year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom