Study finds higher homicide risk in homes with handguns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thing is, even the ones campaigning as conservatives? They talk the talk until they hit DC. Then they join the "go along to get along" crowd.
Exactly, it's nothing new though unfortunately. Politicians have been blowing smoke up peoples butts for as long as I can remember and I'm pretty much an old fart at this point.

ricco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was talking with my doctor about artificial sweetners and their possible side effects vs sugar and the current dramatic increase in diabetes. He told me that before putting too much faith in any study it's always best to find out who funded the study. Intersting how that works out.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are many ways to cook the books on these studies, one assumption is that the gun owners were law abiding. Selling drugs out of one's home you may invite many a sketchy character into your residence. John Lott Has picked these studies apart in many ways.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It depends on where the researchers obtain their funding. Logic says if OSA funds a certain group to do a similar study that the group will do and find things our way if they want more funds.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saying a home with a (gasp) handgun is more likely to have a "homicide" is like saying a home with a swimming pool is more likely to have a drowning than one without.

Latest posts

Top Bottom