Stuff to do in Hawaii?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acope

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a co-worker who grew up there and has only been stateside a year or so. Her fam is still there. I'll ask her when I see her Thursday.

THAT Gurl's idea here would probably be outstanding. Her co-worker would know of a lot of neat places that the average visitor to the Islands wouldn't have a clue about.

If I were to go, I would want to see the nature things more so than the touristy places. I'd LOVE to see some of their canyons.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dukes in Waikiki to eat. Also Hula Grill. Get the Hula Pie. We always enjoy Dole Plantation. Touristy but you gotta get a Dole Whip. Also North Shore drive is nice. Spend $100 and go to Maui for the day. Eat at Kimos.

And yes, there are active lava flows occurring now at the Volcanos Nat Park. And Mana Loa has been rumbling lately.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just paid for our hotel in Hawaii for our honeymoon. Going in mid may. Never been. Cool stuff to do? Suggestions? We’re staying in the Hale Koa armed forces recreation center resort on Honolulu. Definitely eating spam musubi from gas stations and all the bbq/seafood I can shove in my face. Gonna go see Pearl Harbor. Might spend a day fishing. Anything else? Anything to avoid? The wife loves the beach/ocean. I love everything.

Ok ... Apparently it's important before she makes suggestions but are you going to any other islands than O'ahu??

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take a good digital camera, not just your cell phone.

DSCN2747.JPG

DSCN2752.JPG
DSCN2756.JPG
DSCN2764.JPG

DSCN2754.JPG
DSCN2765.JPG
DSCN2836.JPG
DSCN2916.JPG

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely do a luau and an island tour. Pearl Harbor also (I went on board a submarine and a battleship which you could get a pretty good view of the sunken Arizona if you don't want to stand in line for it).

The island tour I went on was pretty cheap - just some guy in his van - and I almost backed out, but was glad I went. He took us to a high place on the island where it was freezing cold and where some Hawaiian king had won a victory and gave the losing warriors the option to be thrown off the cliff or swear allegiance to him - a bunch of skeletons were found at the bottom of that cliff. You could see the beaches on that side of the island from up top, but we didn't go down. He also took us to an ancient village site, a waterfall, past Dole fields of pineapples, etc.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get a fishing trip booked asap. I went twice while in Maui. Was a great time
We have been in every state except Hawaii, and planned to go last winter. We are old, and not beach bunnies, but love good scenery, and WW2 history. But when I found out that some/most hotels that are not cheap, CHARGE TO PARK YOUR RENTAL CAR WHILE YOU ARE STAYING THERE, that was just a little too much for me! We could afford to be taken adavatage of a little, but it's just the principle that bothers me! We did fly over Hawaii twice, going to, and coming back from Australia, and New Zealand, that is likely as close as we will get! Have a good trip, and don't get old and grouchy over tourest traps, like me!

mavs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Forget sunset dinner cruises.....bad food, bad entertainment, bad service. Take a catamaran sail from Waikiki Beach then go eat at a nice restaurant somewhere in Waikiki.

Latest posts

Top Bottom