Stupid brass question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sort brass as I get time, pistol brass, I have a clean 5 gallon bucket, and a dirty one of the calibers i shoot. Rifle, I have 223 prepped and ready, but most rifle I clean as needed. Mostly because I try to keep batches of brass together, so I clean them when that batch is shot

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I deprime with a universal decayer when I get time, then save up a big batch and wet tumble together. I have never had a problem with not tumbling/cleaning within a certain amount of time. Everything always cleans up nice. When I have free time though I try to do as much as I can and once it is clean I store it in clean plastic storage containers.

Rustygun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always have At least 1000-1500 pistol cases In 9mm, 38spl, and 45 tumbled and ready To go. I sort Range pickups with the slotted trays and dirty brass goes in containers that hold 500-1000 empty cases. When they get full or time permits I will run both tumblers for 2-4 hours and that brass goes in containers marked “clean”. I never sort pistol by headstamp but probably should as I get a few 9mm’s that have crimped primer pockets that slow down the Dillon progressive.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I throw it into the tumbler when I come from shooting. May or may not turn tumbler on, depending on amount.

After tumbling, I sort and inspect.

Bench is full of brass in various stages of loading.
1. Clean
2. Sized
3. Primed

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I only reload 9mm. As soon as I return from the range, I sort the brass, tumble it (for 2-6 hours, depending on condition), and then de-prime it. When convenient, I re-prime the casings, and store them in a large plastic container... so that I always have some fully-ready cases on hand at all times.

Latest posts

Top Bottom