Stupid Coyotes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
americandigest.org_chuck_jones_9_rules_wile_e_coyote_road_runner_7.jpg

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So I use this product from Amazon. I put a fake dag tail on a stick that is stuck in the ground in decent height grass and spray the tail with the scent of a female "yote" in heat, make the call and then SWACK em as the horny little bastards come running. Works for me, results may very...lol

https://www.amazon.com/Code-Blue-Howlin-Coyote-Attract/dp/B001SH7W0U

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im going to order some of that. I've never had to use any scents for coyote hunting. I'm afraid there are just so many people calling now that the dogs are feeling the pressure. Same thing happened with pig hunting with dogs. When those shows on tv came out of people doing it, everybody started gathering up dogs. Its bad enough I quit running dogs until it calms down.

Thank you.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If your just using an e caller practice with a howler and howl with the hand call. Once you get good with it use it in conjunction with the e call. I howl so it sounds like more than one dog. I personally use a diaphragm mostly but have a open reed Howler I use some as well. Change up your tactics and stay after them. You'll preserver eventually. They can be damn frustrating at times for sure. Try to gain access to some ground that hasn't been called if you can as well.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am using a e caller and honestly have never had to use coyote vocals before. Rabbit always worked. But Im trying to do some research on which howls to use and been trying a few different ones. My caller has room for 200 calls so I have room to try whatever and not screw it up with a hand call until I figure out exactly what its supposed to sound like.

I live in the middle of 1500 acres that nobody else hunts. Not to say that every person on every side of me havent called them and taught them a lesson.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interrogation howls work well. Female howls work really well as well especially this time of year. Check out randy Anderson Al Morris as well as mfk on YouTube. They have some great work on there. Clay Owens has some good stuff on YouTube as well.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Latest posts

Top Bottom