Stupid Coyotes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Female barks and yelps seem to be working best right now. I went out the other night about 9:30, riding the back roads, made a half dozen stops and called for about 30 seconds at each stop. Each time I turned the caller off, the coyotes around me went absolutely crazy! I had a total of 18 coyotes within 50 yards of me! I thought that was a lot of fun...

Dux-R-Us

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
my success rate for coyotes improved dramatically when I quit trying to call them out of cover, and got into the thick stuff with a shotgun. The best calls have been howls and coyote vocalizations.

I only use mouth callers.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Im curious. I've never hunted any coyotes and don't know much about them. My GF's sister has some running around close to her property and she's afraid they will get to her little ankle biters when they're let out.

Are you hunting them cause they are a nuisance? Is there a bounty on the hides? Is a license required? What do you do with them afterwards?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
They'll eat small dogs and cats if given the chance, especially if in a pack. Calves and fawns are the reason I trap and hunt them. No bounties, a good OK coyote hide might bring $30 at auction, most will bring half that. Sold whole and frozen $5-$10. 99% of the time I just leave them lay where they drop, or if trapped I'll move them to another area and leave them. General hunting license is required, there's other requirements during deer season, etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom