Stupid Kahr, get your act together - CW380 holster recs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up a Kahr CW380 on the cheap. Super cheap. It's ugly cerakoted green and clearly has been around the block, but it also came with some extra mags and a holster. It wouldn't go into battery (Kahr - go figure, right?) so I ordered a new set of recoil springs.

For those who haven't dealt with them, the recoil spring assembly is a dual spring set up, springs closed on one end which go to the flanged side of the guide rod, and are simultaneously both longer and stiffer than one would expect.

I dang near broke my thumbs trying to get that stupid assembly in in the upper. The open ends of the springs kept wanting to walk into the guide rod hole in the slide, the angle is steep, the springs bind and it's an all-around frustrating experience. Solution is to get a 1/4 drill bit you have laying around and use the shank end as a guide to keep the springs from binding or getting into the hole. Still isn't fun, but at least doable.

C'mon Kahr, spend the two dollars it and make it a captive spring, I swear.

That said, the gun works fine now. However, the holster it came with is a giant IWB holster, so I need a pocket holster instead. Just something enough to cover the trigger, preferably kydex and skinny and small. Anybody have a suggestion for an absolutely minimalist holster?

For the record, I have a K40 Elite that I am very fond of. I like Kahrs in general, just this particular aspect annoyed me today.

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got it functioning fine now. Just that spring is stupid hard to install without using a trick. Still hunting for a good pocket holster though.

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kahrs generally have a break in period, like 100 or 200 rounds, I’m sure the same would apply if you swapped out the springs. Have you tried Sticky holsters or the Desantis nemesis pocket holsters? I pocket carry and those are my two favorites.

Latest posts

Top Bottom