Suggestions for a 9mm suppressor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I am on the hunt for a 9mm suppressor that will work with some of my Sig Sauer 9mm handguns along with my Sig Sauer MPX and my CZ Scorpion Evo 3. So this can will need to be able to mount to a pistol and a pistol carbine.

What suggestions do you all have for me to check out?

TIA... Todd

DrewS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Todd, I'm going with the Rugged Obsidian45. I plan to use it on MPX, CZ Scorpion and Stribog. Here's my reasons for selecting this suppressor.
Like the idea of have it a little over sized to prevent baffle strikes. The sound reduction for using a 45 suppressor with 9mm is negligible.
It's fully serviceable.
Has both long and short configuration.
Looks great also.
I plan to mount using 3 lug. Already purchased 3 log mount for MPX from ILWT.
Rugged has a $200 gift card promo with purchase thru the end of the month.
Lastly, the SOT I decided to work with is a member here. He had one in stock and will help facilitate the eform process.

Drew

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Obsidian45 same reasons drew mentions above. I picked it.
Banish45. The one I’ll get next.

i went with a 45 over 9 because I have 45s and 9s, and the db difference is negligible as mentioned above. I can always buy a 9mm end cap if I really care for the obsidian 45.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I am on the hunt for a 9mm suppressor that will work with some of my Sig Sauer 9mm handguns along with my Sig Sauer MPX and my CZ Scorpion Evo 3. So this can will need to be able to mount to a pistol and a pistol carbine.

What suggestions do you all have for me to check out?

TIA... Todd

Personally, I found switching back and forth was PITA.

Dead Air Wolfman for PCC 9mm, take your pick for a pistol suppressor, can't go wrong with Rugged. But if you insist on getting a .45 can, the Rugged 45 can is awesome, but don't sleep on the DA Ghost 45M.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Perfect, thanks for the info. That was one of the models I have on my list.

I am looking at going thru Cold Hand Arms at Wilshire gun club. They handled one of my other Class 3 weapons and they have the kiosk. Hopefully this one will come back in less than 14 months. My last 3 have takern forever to get back.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally, I found switching back and forth was PITA.

Dead Air Wolfman for PCC 9mm, take your pick for a pistol suppressor, can't go wrong with Rugged. But if you insist on getting a .45 can, the Rugged 45 can is awesome, but don't sleep on the DA Ghost 45M.
I bought the wolfman for my pcc and will go with tri-lug mounts for that reason :)

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Perfect, thanks for the info. That was one of the models I have on my list.

I am looking at going thru Cold Hand Arms at Wilshire gun club. They handled one of my other Class 3 weapons and they have the kiosk. Hopefully this one will come back in less than 14 months. My last 3 have takern forever to get back.
I think I’m like 45 days into my form 4, @thor447 is a little farther ahead of me.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I plan to mount using 3 lug. Already purchased 3 log mount for MPX from ILWT.
In off chance you end up having issues with your ILWT 3 lug mount, check out this thread on Reddit. Apparently there were some issues with the early production ILWT tri-lugs. They are getting customers taken care of though. Just an FYI.

I think I’m like 45 days into my form 4, @thor447 is a little farther ahead of me.
I'm currently at 63 days.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will be getting the Odessa 9 from Dead Air next. It looks amazing. Only problem for some is currently they don’t have a mount for the MPX but they are working on one. The wolfman and Ghost cans are also amazing from the videos I’ve seen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom