Suggestions for a handheld cordless vac?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am thinking I want to get one of these, but I've own a couple of Dustbuster or Dirt Devil iterations in the past and was never impressed with them. Obviously, I don't need something that will suck paint off the walls, but I don't want a POS, either.

Mainly will be used to clean up brass trimmings, few powder grains, dust from cleaning media, etc. Maybe a few little household things on occasion.

Wall mount a plus.

If I could find a set with a great power screwdriver (to run my WFT brass trimmer) that shared a battery, that would be cool, or a small drill. Just have enough junk, trying to pare down additional purchases. I don't see any real vacuum/drill cordless combos.

What do you guys think? Not looking to spend a bunch, I've been on half salary for 3 months, with at least 2 more to go.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have a Shark that has held up well for at least a couple of years. We just use it for very light duty though, if I see some crumbs on the floor or a small mess, not sure how it would do on brass trimmings but a few grains of powder, etc... it works fine for our purposes. I guess the battery is still charging good, but honestly I usually unplug it for a few minutes to use it, then plug it right back in.

I'm hesitant to make an unqualified recommendation because our use is pretty light, but it works great for our purposes and has for probably 2-3 years. We actually had it for a while before that before we ever started using it.

I don't remember if it came with a wall mount or not, but I'm sure they have some that do. It probably did but we didn't use it.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you have Dewalt 20v stuff already I’d suggest looking into the little dcv517b. It’s a great little vacuum I use mine almost every day. Had the bigger model and it was a piece of junk FYI

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have full line of Milwaukee M12 stuff and have had this for a while. Its okay not great suction but works on small stuff. Honestly best thing I have found is this tiny broom from Dollar tree in Dillon Blue. Picks up everything powder, brass trimmings, and now lead shot. I have a couple laying around so I can always find one. Cheap and don't take up much space.

upload_2020-7-2_12-39-11.png

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have full line of Milwaukee M12 stuff and have had this for a while. Its okay not great suction but works on small stuff. Honestly best thing I have found is this tiny broom from Dollar tree in Dillon Blue. Picks up everything powder, brass trimmings, and now lead shot. I have a couple laying around so I can always find one. Cheap and don't take up much space.

View attachment 167092

Not so good at picking things up out of the carpet in my reloading room, though.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never saw a requirement about carpet. Thats why you have your kids reload with you. They are closer to the ground and its easier for them to bend over and get stuff. If you can find a better item than that for a reloading bench for $1 I gotta know what it is.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like to make it in at $1, but that was never really in my expectations. I really want an electric. My bench is somewhat cluttered, AND I have a carpeted floor, etc, so being able to stick a powered vacuum into the crevices and such is a big plus. And no, I'm not dragging in the shop vac or my wife's vacuum to use the hose attachment every time I want to clean something up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom