Suggestions for a mid-range bolt action .22 rf

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an Anschutz 1416 with a 2stage trigger and 10/22 Kidd custom both with 32 power weaver t-36 scopes that are laser beams out to 200 yards......both rifles have 4-6 ounce 2 stage target triggers........look at a higher end CZ, Anschutz or a Kidd custom 10/22 and you won't be dissatisfied. The 22rimfire accuracy bug bites hard and you can spend the whole day and a 1,000 rounds of ammo having nothing but pure fun.

Two of my shooting buddies have Bergaras and they are excellent rifles.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love my 457, and gave it a little write up on the rimfire forum. If I had to do it all over again, I would buy another. If I couldnt buy a CZ for whatever reason, I would probably buy a Tikka or Bergara.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a CZ 452 American that is absolutely lights out. So, I’m guessing a 457 would be also. However, I acquired last summer/fall a Savage MKII-FVSR. And for around $239, plus some upgrades and a 2-7 scope, you’d be out the door for under $500 total. Savage has the adjustable trigger, fluted and threaded barrel, oversized bolt handle and includes picatinny scope mounting. The stock is meh, but you could upgrade that too, if desired.
For not bargain basement, I’d go CZ 457 all the way. For best value, Savage is the answer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom