Suggestions for a mid-range bolt action .22 rf

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleepyj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own a 455 ultra lux with a 28.5 in barrel a 455 Varmint precision, and a JW 15. All will shot dime size 10 shot groups at 50 with just about any decent ammo. CCI SV is one of my cheap go to's Geco bolt and RWS target also work very well.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Actually managed to get in some trigger time with the new Ruger. Ran 100 rounds or so through it. some CCI Minimags and an assortment of budget bulk ammo.
Too wet to bother with a proper paper target so I "zeroed" it at 25 yards on my steel plates, pick an old bullet splash and go to town. I am over all very happy with it. I only have 3 mags so far, 2 of the BX1 and 1 BX 15. All three worked as they should have, no feeding issues and no extraction issues. My initial impression of accuracy is very good but I will have to do a proper zero and test a variety of ammo to see if it prefers anything in particular.

The scope is a Hawke Vantage 3-9X40 with duplex reticle, good clear glass and appeared to hold zero when shifting magnification. No complaints.

Latest posts

Top Bottom