Suggestions For A Retirement Gift

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got an old Stanley No.45 Combination Planer and was thinking of this thread.
That 45 is like work though not so much fun :)
Sweet! A bunch of years ago I bought a complete 55 from a kid in Yukon. It was his grandfather’s and he was wanting the cash. It had all the profiles and the nickel plate was pristine. My grandkid will probably do the same but I’ll be well composted by then.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
My son is retiring from the Air Force on Aug 1st. His ceremony is early next month. He's not really into fancy stuff. Very outdoorsy. He also does a lot of woodworking, likes to build furniture, etc. He likes guns but not really a collector type and doesn't keep many around. And he lives in Alaska so that complicates things a bit.

He and his wife are maybe going to take some time and just travel around the US after he's done. I think they want to either buy an overland type rig or rent something. Is there something that would really be handy for living on the road for extended periods of time?
If in Alaska and outdoors, there are various subscription services that cater to these needs.

I know some are pretty gimmick, but bespoke post is pretty neat how you can alternate themes.

You can switch them from time to time as well as far as the theme.

Latest posts

Top Bottom