Suggestions Please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last night I had a friend ask about a .22lr handgun for his wife. She has a little experience, and according to him, is a fairly good already. She does not want a revolver, and she is currently only interested in .22lr.

I suggested, in no particular order, M&P Compact, Ruger SR-22, and Walther P-22.

Any other ideas?

MavMatt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a Walther a few years ago when .22 was hard to get ahold of and mine was very picky on what kind of ammo it liked. It was very annoying trying to let my then young son how to shoot when I was clearing a jam every 3rd round. I traded it for a revolver.
I have heard very good reviews from my friends on the sr-22 from Ruger and have been thinking about getting one

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good stuff. Thanks to all. I have the M&P, but I wanted to be able to give him more than my thoughts. We're having dinner with them tonight, so I'll wrap all this up and send him shopping!

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Browning Buckmark or S&W Victory.

Nearly every Ruger MK or 22/45 that I've been around seem to have random reliability issues and their magazines tend to be the culprit.

If you can stand loading the magazines, a CZ Kadet kit mounted to a 75 frame are the cats meow for anything under $1k.

Latest posts

Top Bottom