Suggestions Please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WHY does reading OSA *always* make me want to go buy a new gun?! :cry11:

You say that like it’s a bad thing. But I will acquiesce and agree that the Ruger SR-22 is also a fine choice. Either or. Coke or Pepsi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just relinquished my Compact to my wife. She has arthritic hands and the Compact really works for her. Far easier to shoot than her LCR.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you saying Atwoods will let you dry fire to feel the trigger?

The YOUNG lady at the counter didn't say a word as I dry fired away, likely 3-5 times, it was of course to feel so no aiming or attention grabbing action .. But another time I was told NO NO.. It's striker fired so no harm, it'll depend on the counter person I suppose.. Trigger is NICE, reset short, ergonomics feel good..

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve taught several classes of our Women on Target program at the Ponca City range for ladies that have never shot a firearm previously, or very little experience in .22 rimfire.
They are scared of report and recoil until they realize neither are a factor.
Proper grip is a major factor breaking them from grandpa’s or TV’s T-cup type of grip.
The final part of their instruction after 12” groups at 10 yards is to mentally superimpose a vision of an ex boyfriend or ex husband on to the bullseye before firing.
Those previous groups shrink to almost zero with a mean look on their faces. Pretty amazing how that works!

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the Walther P22QD and so far its been a little less picky on ammo, but still has some that cause it to stove pipe and have feed issues. The problem is the short barrel doesn't give enough time for the pressure to build and fully rack the slide. But in mine CCI and Blazer run flawlessly. Blazzer ammo is cheap, but pretty dirty. CCI isn't horribly expensive but tends to run a bit cleaner. I keep CCI mini-mag jhp in my mags for my .22 (there in a pinch, but not my primary weapon).

Latest posts

Top Bottom