Suit purchase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

promiseofwar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hello all, I'm looking for recommended places to buy a suit. Looking for a reasonably priced suit. The gym is to blame. What color do you prefer for multipurpose events? Thanks. OKC area.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Men's Warehouse or JCP ... pay attention to the tags and don't let the sales staff "upsell" you. Bastages are worse than used car salesmen. IIRC (it's been a while since anyone around here has bought a suit) every once in a while, both places will alter for free. Maybe sign up for their emails?? Or check their websites for promotions??

And good job! Gyms are handy but they don't work unless you do ... :sunbath:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't be afraid to go with a "cheaper" suit and then find a tailor halfway worth a damn. Especially if you have a V taper to your body, sometimes the pants that pair with the jacket will be way too large. It seems if you have a wide chest or shoulders they will always assume your waist will be the same.

Last edited:

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I bought my last one at K&G, up on NW Expy. And definitely have anything you buy tailored appropriately. Get two pair of pants if you can.

Charcoal gray is pretty flexible.

internetscout

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wardrobe Modern Menswear over by Quail Springs. I have purchased 3 suits from there. I wear slim fit suits and they have a nice selection.

I like a blue suit. There are some more vivid shades that look great with just about anything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom