Sumbeech shot my pool!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Damn, this is why most threads go sideways - y'all don't give anyone credit if it doesn't align with your thoughts. I've had this pool for 7 years and have a pretty good idea how much water it holds. I actually think it's 32' in diameter but going with 30' to be a little conservative because next would be "that ain't 32' diameter" and 4' deep("you sure it's that deep? Looks like maybe 3 1/2'"). GEEZ!

Now, to give you armchair pool repair folks an 'out'. The water level was down a foot or so due to it being winterized. Go ahead with the "that's what I meant" replies.

Appreciate all the replies. Nothing further needed.

Lol k

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol that’s what I’m thinking.

I shot an arrow from my compound bow into my parents house and I still haven’t owned up to it and that was 15 years ago.
That was you?

arrow 1.jpg
arrow 2.jpg

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Apologies on my part - didn't catch the sarcasm! I guess after talking to the insurance agent and learning our deductible would be $3150 on a $3400 repair and after Allstate cuts me a check for the $250 difference she confirmed our rates would be going up since filing a claim I'm a little on edge this morning. $*%&*#&$#!
I may have missed something in this thread, but are you saying the repair for that hole is $3400?

I would order a patch kit for about $15 and do it yourself. I did several one time, putting them on underwater no less, and they lasted the season. Had to redo them the next summer, but still.

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Damn, my guesses aren't so good. The first one is an honest mistake men make all of the time.

1) The pool bullet entry was only 4" off the ground not 8" as I first stated.
2) The fence bullet entry was 43" off the ground. Slightly lower elevation than the pool but not by much.
3) The fence bullet entry to the pool bullet entry is 58'.
sounds like a freak accident and could have come from more than 100yds away -- I use 124 gn in my 38 loads at the upper end - simply because that is the same mold I use for my 9mm - you could pull a string to check the direction but I doubt very seriously it was an intended shot

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I may have missed something in this thread, but are you saying the repair for that hole is $3400?

I would order a patch kit for about $15 and do it yourself. I did several one time, putting them on underwater no less, and they lasted the season. Had to redo them the next summer, but still.
Yep - but that was to REPLACE the entire liner. Had someone supposed to come over yesterday and patch it but never showed up. If I can patch it every year, I'll damn sure do it because ain't spending $3400 to fix it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom