Sumbeech shot my pool!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Strange question but does your wife or anyone else in your house handle firearms. An accidental discharge that someone hasn’t owned up to sounds possible to me but I’m just a suspicious old fart.

Lol that’s what I’m thinking.

I shot an arrow from my compound bow into my parents house and I still haven’t owned up to it and that was 15 years ago.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
20k gallons? I think you may be over estimating that too. Not that it matters but our unground pool is 18500. I say it’s the wife trying to get a new pool!
Pool is 30' in diameter. Here's the formula I used.

Your radius squared is the radius multiplied by the radius. Finally, measure the pool's depth. For example, if your pool's diameter is 18 feet, your radius is 9 feet, and your depth is 4 feet: 3.14 × (9 x 9) × 4 x 7.5 = 7630.2 gallons.

3.14 x (15x15) x 4 x 7.5 = 21,195. Be sure and do the multiplication in the parenthesis first. :)

Or this...

Above Ground Swimming Pool Water Volumes by Size
24ft Round11,895 gals13,594 gals
27ft Round15,054 gals17,205 gals
30ft Round18,585 gals21,240 gals
33ft Round22,488 gals25,700 gals

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s what I was thinking. My In-Ground pool is triple the size of that above grounder and mine is 30,000 gallons
Damn, this is why most threads go sideways - y'all don't give anyone credit if it doesn't align with your thoughts. I've had this pool for 7 years and have a pretty good idea how much water it holds. I actually think it's 32' in diameter but going with 30' to be a little conservative because next would be "that ain't 32' diameter" and 4' deep("you sure it's that deep? Looks like maybe 3 1/2'"). GEEZ!

Now, to give you armchair pool repair folks an 'out'. The water level was down a foot or so due to it being winterized. Go ahead with the "that's what I meant" replies.

Appreciate all the replies. Nothing further needed.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A few caveats:

1) Flexseal.
2) That hole ain’t 8” off the ground, OP. You been lying to your wife this whole time about length and height? 😂
3) Michulek shot a 9mm revolver right around 1k yards, and it still had enough power to pop a balloon and ring steal. So, yes, bullets can do damage much further than one might think.
4). Redneck pool. The time to replace those is every year. So, you’re overdue.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No offense meant @OKRuss. I was just trying to give you a hard time with the other estimates you said were off.
Apologies on my part - didn't catch the sarcasm! I guess after talking to the insurance agent and learning our deductible would be $3150 on a $3400 repair and after Allstate cuts me a check for the $250 difference she confirmed our rates would be going up since filing a claim I'm a little on edge this morning. $*%&*#&$#!

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Insurance is one of the biggest ripoff/scams there is you pay for a policy for 20 years and then you file one small claim and either they raise the rates or cancel your policy, they dont want to pay anything out they just wont you to pay in so they can get their paychecks.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Insurance is one of the biggest ripoff/scams there is you pay for a policy for 20 years and then you file one small claim and either they raise the rates or cancel your policy, they dont want to pay anything out they just wont you to pay in so they can get their paychecks.

Not really a scam. Most home owner policies carry a 1% deductible. However, depending on one’s willingness to pay monthly amounts, that can be adjusted.
Insurance is NOT for something like this incident in most people’s world. Insurance SHOULD be used for the fire that completely guys your place, the tornado that rips off your roof or the busted water heater that inadvertently floods your house doing $10’s of thousands of dollars in damage.
I would not use my insurance for what is deemed a “temporary, above-ground, non-asset home effect”.
Filing a claim for “every little thing” and not taking on some financial responsibility makes you a higher risk customer, thus raising the rates.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had two total loss tractor claims last year and am shocked the company didn’t cancel me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom