Sumbeech shot my pool!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CanadianRiverRat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Damn, my guesses aren't so good. The first one is an honest mistake men make all of the time.

1) The pool bullet entry was only 4" off the ground not 8" as I first stated.
2) The fence bullet entry was 43" off the ground. Slightly lower elevation than the pool but not by much.
3) The fence bullet entry to the pool bullet entry is 58'.
With that I made some rudimentary calculation, shot probably came from 310 to 360 meters away. On site with more precise measurement of impact angles, etc I could get you within a 50M circle of the shot location.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Run a string from the hole in the pool through the hole in the fence. Then you have the trajectory.

The liner would be pressed pretty firmly against that thin sheet metal by water pressure, so it’s pretty easy to understand both being penetrated as if they were one. A 9mm would probably do that at farther than 250 yards, that metal is thin.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A 9mm 124 gn at even 1000 yds would have the power roughly of a 22lr at 50 yds.
20230329_173206.jpg

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn, my guesses aren't so good. The first one is an honest mistake men make all of the time.

1) The pool bullet entry was only 4" off the ground not 8" as I first stated.
2) The fence bullet entry was 43" off the ground. Slightly lower elevation than the pool but not by much.
3) The fence bullet entry to the pool bullet entry is 58'.
Get a cat toy laser and wait until nightfall then laser the hole in the pool to the hole in the fence.
Use a can of hair spray or something that fogs to follow the laser from the fence.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That diameter is probably even larger than the bullet! It was streaming out like that little David statue on Lasix after having a case of beer. Guess 20,000 gallons creates a pretty good pressure.

20k gallons? I think you may be over estimating that too. Not that it matters but our unground pool is 18500. I say it’s the wife trying to get a new pool!

Latest posts

Top Bottom