Summer Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been discussed before but with warmer weather here what are you boys and girls carrying and how are you carrying it? Most of the time my primary is a Sig P365 in a Keepers Concealment Cornerstone AIWB holster. If I wear a shirt tucked in I’ll pocket carry it with an Alabama Holster Company kydex holster. Sometimes an S&W 340 M&P snub in a kydex pocket holster I made. Spare mag or speed strip in left front pocket.

Just wear a larger summer dress. Then you can carry full size.

I just carry the same stuff all seasons. I basically dress the exact same minus a coat summer vs winter.

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same gun all the time.

Glock 43, BoraII holster, Hornaday 9mm Critical Defense ammo. We have a number of these strategically placed about the house above Granddaughter height. Wife likes them as she does not have worry about levers and switches, just pull the holster off and shoot. They are small and fit her hand, not heavy and have a moderate recoil. She has a lot of confidence shooting this gun and that is important.

I normally have one on me all the time, carried in a lower cargo pants pocket. I can reach the gun there while sitting. Being a Glock it is carried condition 2 in passive defense carry.

While a bit small for my big hand, not so small that it is awkward to shoot in defense. It points well for both of us. That has always been a problem with us. If it fits one person well, it doesn't fit the other. This gun fits her perfect and me reasonably and that is important. She has confidence in this gun. She wants to go to range and shoot.

glock4302.jpg

Last edited:

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Same gun all the time.

Glock 23, BoraII holster, Hornaday 9mm Critical Defense ammo. We have a number of these strategically placed about the house above Granddaughter height. Wife likes them as she does not have worry about levers and switches, just pull the holster off and shoot. They are small and fit her hand, not heavy and have a moderate recoil. She has a lot of confidence shooting this gun and that is important.

I normally have one on me all the time, carried in a lower cargo pants pocket. I can reach the gun there while sitting. Being a Glock it is carried condition 2 in passive defense carry.

While a bit small for my big hand, not so small that it is awkward to shoot in defense. It points well for both of us. That has always been a problem with us. If it fits one person well, it doesn't fit the other. This gun fits her perfect and me reasonably and that is important. She has confidence in this gun. She wants to go to range and shoot.

View attachment 205274
I think you mean Glock 43. Has she shot it yet? I used to carry a 43 before the Sig P365. Great guns.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How many of you have shot your summer carry gun in the last 30 days? Can you hit with it? Can you deploy it quickly? I’ve found on the days I pocket carry if I don’t start with my hand in my pocket it’s gonna be a few extra seconds to get it out and put a round on target.

I have shot it in the past 30 days, but that isn't always the case. My selection of pistols for concealed carry are the ones I shoot almost intuitively. I dont have an issue keeping shots in a saucer sized area with my 1911s even on the first mag at a range day. With the Glocks, that circle grows to a salad plate, both at 10yds. I have noticed, as mentioned in another thread, that my thumb placement on draw instinctively runs where the ambi safety would be on a 1911 even when drawing a Glock. Luckily this placement creates no issues so I can focus on consistency there regardless of what I have on my hip.

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mainly carry a gen 5 Glock 26 with occasional carry of a full size Beretta APX. Planning on buying an APX centurion combat eventually. I can easily conceal a full size handgun, just have the sights I prefer on the Glock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shoot both mine at least ever two weeks, sometimes weekly just because I like to shoot. With ammo the way it is now I get less rounds downrange than I used to. My preferred carry is my Commander sized .45 and I can carry it the majority of the time summer or winter. Only two holsters for it - Sparks SSII IWB (preferred) and Wilson OWB when I feel like dressing up. When I absolutely cannot carry my VBob I'll have my P365 MS in either a Sticky in my pocket or PJ IWB.

WC holster.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How many of you have shot your summer carry gun in the last 30 days? Can you hit with it? Can you deploy it quickly? I’ve found on the days I pocket carry if I don’t start with my hand in my pocket it’s gonna be a few extra seconds to get it out and put a round on target.
Shot mine Saturday at the ENS.

Latest posts

Top Bottom