summer event

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SGTLT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rob Leatham will be at H&H range on July 16 for one day only. He will do a shooting demo at 10:00 am and 3 pm, also a meet and greet at 6 pm.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've met and visited with Robbie several times over the years, since 1983 or so, often one on one. I've never found him to be other than cordial and fun to be around. He can be a cut-up from time to time and can have a bit of a quirky personality while he's in that mode. I've always enjoyed our visits.

rockon71385

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He's a self-centered egotistical A-hole in person...

Met Rob at the Pro-Am last month. He wasn't having a great day and had just dropped out of the Open Division pro match, but was still super-friendly. I got to chat with him for a few minutes, and he was nothing but pleasant. Seemed like a great guy.

angsniper

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
He was pissed and walked into the course of fire while someone was shooting! Not only did he not get kicked out of the competition (because of who he was) but when a female said something to him about it his response was F**K you *****.
I'm glad I'm a judemental ass. Thanks for your opinion.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let's keep it reasonable here and try to discuss negative behaviors without resorting to personal insults.

I would agree that frequently, better shooters receive preferential treatment at competitive shooting events, particualry IPSC where there is no dispute that it is simply a game to be won; that is the nature of sport when money is on the line. I personally find it even more distasteful when there is little on the line and people still act this way.

Personally I have always found Rob Leatham to be much like most other professional athletes: very focused and self-centered as required by the nature of an individual sport. Some cannot understand this and view it as a negative trait, which is cool too.

To each his own IMO.

If I want to benefit from someone's virtues, I cannot afford to be put off by their vices. If the vices are greater than the benefits, I simply choose not to associate with the individual.

After years of benefitting from very experienced and talented people, I simply accept this as part of the learning process.

Either way, keep this discussion civil.

Michael Brown

Latest posts

Top Bottom