Super Blood Wolf Moon Jan 20th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If this information is correct, there is a very wide area able to see the eclipse. I'm just not sure where totality will be visible.

Lunar Eclipse January 21, 2019

If anyone else has a better source for totality, please chime in here.

OK. Just found this information by typing in OKC in the search field at the link above:

Duration:5 hours, 11 minutes, 33 seconds
Duration of totality:1 hour, 1 minute, 58 seconds
Penumbral begins:Jan 20 at 8:36:29 pm
Partial begins:Jan 20 at 9:33:54 pm
Full begins:Jan 20 at 10:41:17 pm
Maximum:Jan 20 at 11:12:14 pm
Full ends:Jan 20 at 11:43:15 pm
Partial ends:Jan 21 at 12:50:39 am
Penumbral ends:Jan 21 at 1:48:02 am
Times shown in local time (CST)

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can hardly wait. Not a photographer but I LOVE sitting outside with the dogs and a coffee and whiskey watching. I wish the neighbors would turn off the floodlights in their backyard for the night but that's probably too much to hope for.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gonna be a hell of a night at the hospital, feel sorry for the wife. At least it's not friday the 13th to boot.

Other than that small issue, I am looking forward to seeing it.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wife is a Nurse at a local hospital and works the F/S/S night shift when all the real fun stuff happens. (Remember, the Freaks come out at night, and in force on the weekend.:smash:) A full moon on a weekend is always crazy, a blood moon is usually worse, and when they happen to be combined with a Friday the 13th, it is just nuts.) So combine the super moon etc. with an eclipse, and the stupid will hit the fan. That's why I'm glad it's not the 13th this weekend when all this is going to take place.

However, I am a nerd at heart and like to watch the astronomical events when I get a chance.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those nicknames are ridiculous.

Super moon? Yeah, it's just a full moon that coincides with perigee.

Blood moon? That's what easily impressed idiots call lunar eclipses.

Wolf moon? Had to look it up. It's apparently the first full moon of a year.

That said, I'll be watching. I'm making my wife and kiddos stay up for it. I'm an astronomy nerd and I love this stuff. I dragged the family up to Missouri for the total eclipse. I'm dragging them down to Texas for the annular eclipse in October 2023, and then to Arkansas for the next total eclipse in April 2024.

For those interested there is also a transit of Mercury this November 11th later this year. Max visibility is at 9:20 AM Tulsa time.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife is a Nurse at a local hospital and works the F/S/S night shift when all the real fun stuff happens. (Remember, the Freaks come out at night, and in force on the weekend.:smash:) A full moon on a weekend is always crazy, a blood moon is usually worse, and when they happen to be combined with a Friday the 13th, it is just nuts.) So combine the super moon etc. with an eclipse, and the stupid will hit the fan. That's why I'm glad it's not the 13th this weekend when all this is going to take place.

However, I am a nerd at heart and like to watch the astronomical events when I get a chance.

This is all 110% accurate. Being a cop for almost 30 years, I've witnessed some very weird things and it is intensified with a full moon. Naysayers might hoist the BS flag, but when you see it first hand, you become a believer. Just look at the word; lunar. Translated to lunatic?

Latest posts

Top Bottom