super bowl hit a ten year low in ratings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder why with all the controversy over a washed out quarterback with a muslim girlfriend that actively hates America?
The public wants to see the sport of football, not the antics of the players. You check your 1st amendment rights when you punch that time card.
If you don't like it, go the parking lot on your time and start marching and holding a sign.
Goodell needs a hot poker stuck up his a$$. He should have stopped this years ago.
I celebrated two years of NFL sobriety yesterday.
Watching YouTube, I think Gladys Knight sang one of the greatest anthems in the history of the game. She sang from her heart and you could tell by the look in her eyes she sang it believing in it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don Lemon took her to task for singing it. Watch her SCHOOL him with pure class.

Don Lemon is an idiot that produces fake news, and it can be verified.
I'm glad Gladys put him in his place as a faux journalist.
She loved singing the anthem and she believes in America. Good for her, she is not alone.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was invited to a friends to eat, party, and watch the SB game and had nothing else to do. First NFL game I had seen in a couple years since this fiasco started of overpaid asshats not respecting our country.

I have never been a big football fan to start out with, but do watch some of the local College teams. In comparison to College games I have seen recently there was much more of what I would have flagged with pass interference and late hits in particular. I noticed the network did very few "instant replays" and there seemed to not be a way the refs could put a play "under further review" to try to re-look at different angles to try to make sure their calls were correct. I guess since they are "professional" also that is not necessary. I have watched hockey games with fewer "unsportsman like conduct" items than I saw in this game. I will do better planning of having something else on my calendar for next year. JMO

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I still follow a couple NFL teams but not faithfully. The players are all coddled to the point of absurdity. Roughing the passer means they didn't put a pillow under his head as he hit the ground. NCAA football is where the action is. Those kids play with a ton of heart, although the past few seasons, emotions have gotten the best of many of them during a game and it turns into a brawl. This ain't hockey, people!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We watched programs we had on DVR already. We binged on "Smiley Face Killers: The Hunt for Justice". After the officiating debacles of the division championship games and yet another Pats appearance, no one I knew even wanted to have a SB party.

Goodell is killing the league but so long as he represents the team owners, they don't seem to care.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Goodell needs a hot poker stuck up his a$$. He should have stopped this years ago.
There's one problem with that--the NFL isn't a dictatorship. The steps the league has tried to take have been blocked by the courts as violations of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the league and the Players' Association.

Latest posts

Top Bottom