Super bowl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Football is the only game I can watch on TV. Baseball and basketball just isn't the same unless its live. We go to the Tulsa Drillers game when we can. Its only 10 bucks to get in, concessions aren't a kidney and one lung for a beer, and the crowd makes it fun. With football, unless you are on the 50 yard line, you're pretty far from the action. I do not see how people can sit way up in those stands and see pretty much nothing but still call it fun. At least at home I can watch the game up close, don't have to wait 30 minutes to pee, and can get a six pack for the cost of a small beer at the stadium.
We have gone to live NFL football games when it was a sponsored trip by the company we worked for back in the day. Bus trip with hotel and game tickets as part of the package. The bus trip was more fun than than the game. Big bar set up in the back seat, and party on.
Dropped off at the front gate and picked up at the same. Pretty good weekend.
I did get in trouble though with the wife. We were on the 30 yard line at the Dallas Cowboy game vs the Eagles and I got an elbow in the side that really hurt.
Wife commented that the game was being played at the other end of the field and my stare was at the the cheerleaders on the other end.
It was a price that was easy to pay.

If I lived close to a venue where football was played, I'd tailgate before going to the actual game. That's a HUGE party.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I lived close to a venue where football was played, I'd tailgate before going to the actual game. That's a HUGE party.

Was looking at some of the places and now they are not even allowing tailgating before the game in the parking area's. They do however offer many restaurants at the venue...

Would love to take the wife to a hockey game sometime I get to watch them on tv and she enjoys it but doesn't understand that they are swapping players all the time as she rarely sees a line change on the camera. As a kid where I went there were no cheerleaders or anything though it was not NHL. Now they have cheerleaders walking around the stands and the girls skating around to help clear the shavings off the ice so that would be an interesting bonus, LOL. For now I will just enjoy watching the games on lazyman.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did get in trouble though with the wife. We were on the 30 yard line at the Dallas Cowboy game vs the Eagles and I got an elbow in the side that really hurt.
Wife commented that the game was being played at the other end of the field and my stare was at the the cheerleaders on the other end.

Wonder what the wife would say about the girls who clean the ice off? https://www.nhl.com/stars/fans/ice-girls-bios Hard to complain when they are all over the ice other than you can't decide which one to follow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom