Supersonic 300 Blackout Factory Ammo Recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I recently got a deal on a 8" 300 BLK pistol from a member here and I'm looking for factory ammo recommendations for deer and hogs.

I'm thinking some of the 110 grain V-max loads would be a good idea.

What do you say?

jackary

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would go with a hollow point over ballistic tip for deer, ballistic tip for hogs would probably be okay. I haven’t been impressed with expansion on most of the ballistic tip bullets and usually only use them for varmint hunting.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sent many 55gr Hornady Vmax bullets into hogs, coyotes, coons and deer and none of them complained about a long death. 2600-3200 fps average velocity on impact.
The 110 Vmax will not be going near that fast in the 8" 300 Black out and I would not hesitate to try it.

I sure would not want anything constructed with a heavy jacket at low velocities.
I would do some testing with that round in that gun before I settled on using it on a deer.

I did the same when I wanted to use the 87 V-max in my .243 and the 55 gr in my 5.56 and .223.
55gr SP hornady in .223 I will never use on a deer again. just the V-max.

The SP is not explosive it holds together and mushrooms. Not enough trauma created for quick death.
Tiny diameter mushroom.
That is one reason I quit using the slow poke 30-30 model 94 I have.

I can say this I am a fan of little bullets with thin jackets now after seeing what they can do.

mrhite65

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom