Supply Chain Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You my friend will change your mind very soon! The Confederacy was so wealthy they didn't need to manufacture anything, they could just buy it! When they were blockaded, and couldn't import anythng, they still couldn't make it, because they didn't have the facilities, machinery, or skilled labor! Sound familiar? I watched a program on 60 Minutes Australia recently, on Youtube streaming channel, titled something like, "Will Australia go to war with Communist China,"! Interesting if open minded, they said Taiwan, the likely trigger to this war, manufactures 60% of the WORLDS micro chips? If that is true, try and imagine what the loss of access to these micro chips would disrupt!
Perhaps the weakness of brain dead biden to the chicom leadership and the facts you produce may indicate why china is so proactive about taking over Taiwan?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Weird, the Chinese restaurant I frequent close to work quit selling chicken wings because they can’t get them anymore. Mmmm, garlic fried chicken wings, oh how I miss thee.
Come on over! We have a ton bought from Costco. One of my favorite foods.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I worked for a large manufacturer back in the 80-90s. When all the manufacturing started flying overseas we challenged ownership to let us compete with the overseas hooligans for price and quality. We proved with our workforce we could beat their cost and our quality stayed significantly superior. A few months later they went ahead and started shipping all manufacturing overseas.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I worked for a large manufacturer back in the 80-90s. When all the manufacturing started flying overseas we challenged ownership to let us compete with the overseas hooligans for price and quality. We proved with our workforce we could beat their cost and our quality stayed significantly superior. A few months later they went ahead and started shipping all manufacturing overseas.
Very short sighted. And about every industry did the same thing, hence the primary reason for this thread.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember that Six Sigma. Our company went in full speed ahead as that was supposed to be the end to warehousing.
Some companies built warehouses around the area to act as buffers and be part of the supply chain. I was a purchasing agent at the time wringing my hands about how poor the supply chain was currently with delays and some products being a year out like bearings that are only produced in one production run, one time a year, but the management took a deaf ear because the "industry was moving this way".
What a bunch of dumb arses. They couldn't listen that we needed to stockpile repair and manufacturing products to protect against shipping and manufacturing delays.
The world was perfect in their minds. It sure bit us in the arse many times down the road before they decided spare parts/component manufacturing parts on the shelf was the way to go.
I'm sure they gave themselves a bonus at the end of the year for that personal enlightenment.
The rest of us just went back to work.

Those that can't listen, get to feel.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gleaned these interesting ideas about what's causing supply chain problems .....off Twitter:
5233A3ED-7403-41EB-A4AD-46B519B780EF_4_5005_c.jpeg0988827D-7130-4DB0-8683-028AD9B2C652_4_5005_c.jpeg6B23C748-B7C5-4BB7-8A2E-0F84E6DD10BA_4_5005_c.jpeg768BA1ED-D342-4BD1-A7EF-A9BCF5BA8BAF_4_5005_c.jpeg41B82E6A-A452-4206-A703-2484245BD08A_4_5005_c.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom