Supply Chain Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 7:24 AM PT – Monday, November 1, 2021

Supply glut is worsening at the Port of Los Angeles despite Joe Biden’s attempts to ensure 24/7 operations at the port. According to new reports, around 169 cargo ships are anchored off the coast of Los Angeles and are trying to unload. This is up from 100 ships two weeks ago.

This comes as the Port of Los Angeles decided to impose fines on carriers who take too long to offload amid labor shortages and a lack of trucks. Business owners say large corporations are benefiting from this bottleneck while small distributors are being pushed out of business.

Meanwhile, economists are blaming labor shortages on the Biden administration and California Democrats.

“The major retailers like Amazon, Target — they’re doing their own shipping so they can get the new product in,” expalined Los Angeles business owner Lou Calderon. “And like me, I’m basically depending on my wholesaler to get it and they are smaller wholesalers so they can’t get it. So we don’t have the resources to compete with those big companies.”

In the meantime, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis (R) invited ships to offload in his state while touting quick and smooth operations in Tampa as well as other ports.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just a random thought.

If I was the CEO of a major car manufacturer in North America and I couldn’t get my chips in through this ports I would contract with UPS, FedEx, and any other shipping company that has cargo planes and fly those little bastards over in mass.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anybody noticed that Aldi doesn't seem to have their usual supply of holiday goodies (like German/Austrian/Dutch chocolates, cookies, etc)?
This is starting to be a real crisis I tell ya.
Their European holiday stuff leaves Hershey and Keebler in the dust.
[I got no financial interest in Aldi and I have no business with their sweets either LOL.]

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has anybody noticed that Aldi doesn't seem to have their usual supply of holiday goodies (like German/Austrian/Dutch chocolates, cookies, etc)?
This is starting to be a real crisis I tell ya.
Their European holiday stuff leaves Hershey and Keebler in the dust.
[I got no financial interest in Aldi and I have no business with their sweets either LOL.]
For some reason, they have some of the cheapest prices in town on most groceries. Currently...

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
WHAT IS GOING ON HERE? In the local paper this morning were stories about two new buainess opening in the Tulsa area, each was planning on hiring thousands to operate these businesses! Every business I know of, is so short on labor, and some are even closed, or cut back on services for this reason! WHAT HAPPENED TO CAUSE THIS? The only possable cause I can think of is, the government handing out free money, using the pandemic as an excuse, do you think that would cause this? EVERYTHING That has happened the last couple of years, the Communist China Pandemic, the way it was handled, closing EVERYTHING for the first time in our HISTORY, ALLOWING VOTE BY MAIL IN THE MANY TENS OF MILLIONS, WITH LITTLE, OR NO CONTROL OF FRIUAD, FOR THE FIRST TIME IN OUR HISTORY, the obviously FRAUDULENT ELECTION, NOT ALLOWING THE LEGITIMATE, PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, TO ADDRESS THE AMERICAN PEOPLE BETWEEN ELECTION DAY, AND INGRATIATION OF THE COMMUNIST CHINESE PUPPET REGIME, THE STAGED INSURRECTION, THAT STOPPED ALL DISCUSSION OF A FRAUDULENT ELECTION, USING COVID, TO FORCE AMERICANS TO TAKE A SHOT THEY DON'T TRUST, OR LOSE THEIR JOB, NOT BE ALLOWED TO TRAVEL, NOT BE ALLOWED TO BUY, AND SELL, NOT BE ALLOWED TO GO TO SCHOOL, CHURCH, AND MUCH, MUCH MORE! this scares the crap out of me, because if you look at what has, and is, happening, THIS IS, AND HAS TO BE, ALL CONNECTED! GOOD LUCK TO US!! WE WILL NEED IT! DO YOU THINK THE NEXT NATIONAL ELECTION WILL BE LEGITIMATE, OR LIKE CUBA'S, VENEZUELA'S, NORTH KOREA, ETC.? THEY ALL HOLD SHOW ELECTIONS, BUT EVERYONE KNOWS THEY ARE A JOKE!

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most or at least some of our parents went through the Great Depression and we've herd stories repeated how bad it was and how long the soup lines were and so forth. That mentality has bled over to some of us-at least me and I was told that it could happen again while I was a child and today I keep a stock of both food items as well as other things needed in the event of a crisis. Even on a good day it is right to be prepared. Those expiration dates that manufacturers place on their canned good are nothing more than a suggestion, the food isn't spoiled or contaminated unless the can is perforated/leaking and if there is still a vacuum. I try to rotate canned goods placing the oldest date in front to be used first.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most or at least some of our parents went through the Great Depression and we've herd stories repeated how bad it was and how long the soup lines were and so forth. That mentality has bled over to some of us-at least me and I was told that it could happen again while I was a child and today I keep a stock of both food items as well as other things needed in the event of a crisis. Even on a good day it is right to be prepared. Those expiration dates that manufacturers place on their canned good are nothing more than a suggestion, the food isn't spoiled or contaminated unless the can is perforated/leaking and if there is still a vacuum. I try to rotate canned goods placing the oldest date in front to be used first.
There weren't hordes of feral welfare dependents running loose during the 1930s. Gonna be a whole different show this go-round.

Latest posts

Top Bottom