Suppressing an AK-47?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laubage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an AAC 762 SD awaiting a stamp, so I started buying mounts for my weapons. Well I bought a 5/8x24 mount for my M1A (have a thread adapter) and it didn't fit on my threads. Well I started trying to attach it to various muzzle threads that I have in my closet and the one it fit on was an Yugo M70B1 AK-47. I was cool with that since I wanted to shoot my AK with my 762 SD anyways.

Well I did some googling to see what thread pattern it was and apparently AAC doesn't even make a 14x1mm thread mount (AK threads). So I'm wondering now what I have screwed down and loctited on my AK-47. I've read on some other forums that AK threads do not have close enough tolerances to be concentric with the bore axis (resulting in potential baffle strikes). Can any of you guys shine some info on this for me?

1) What thread pattern would fit on a 14x1mm thread pattern?

2) Can I mount a suppressor to my AK without having it rethreaded to closer tolerances/worrying about baffle strikes?

3) Why isn't anyone on the internet using a 762 SD with an AK?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Latest posts

Top Bottom