"Suppressor" ammo vs subsonic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am in the camp that runs standard velocity for most of my 22 rimfire. Might of been I just got lucky and that’s what met my standard for “quiet” (bolt rifle, semi pistol, it even runs a tacsol Glock conversion half decent)
Each one runs a bit different though, it’s rough but sometimes the best way is to just go try it!
I handload everything else so will stay out of that mess.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Alrighty, I figured between the WMR and LR there’s probably been 50-75 rounds fired through this. Wasn’t sure how clean it needed to be but I got it to this point without much of any effort. How am I doing? Hey! Also picked up a couple boxes of the CCI Suppressor ammo and it was great. Shot a group you cover with a quarter at 50 yards leaning against a grill. They were noticeably quieter then the CCI SV ammo as well. Supposedly they have a cleaner powder and are moving around 970fps if memory serves.
8EEBE75E-4EE0-434A-8D2E-FB5CF947F30C.jpeg
1660247921265.jpeg

nic6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Alrighty, I figured between the WMR and LR there’s probably been 50-75 rounds fired through this. Wasn’t sure how clean it needed to be but I got it to this point without much of any effort. How am I doing? Hey! Also picked up a couple boxes of the CCI Suppressor ammo and it was great. Shot a group you cover with a quarter at 50 yards leaning against a grill. They were noticeably quieter then the CCI SV ammo as well. Supposedly they have a cleaner powder and are moving around 970fps if memory serves.View attachment 293587View attachment 293588
Noooo please don't clean me!

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its all about velocity......keep it below the speed of sound...approx 1122 feet/second. Check the listed velocity of the ammo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom