Suppressor Build?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone on here done the Form 1 and built your own suppressor? Curious how long it took for the form to clear and what method used for the build, what caliber, etc..

Snake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well the last Form 1 I did for my SBR took about 9 months...even longer for my form 4 machine gun. I saw a you tube video the other day of some guys using oil filters for their suppressor. They sold some gizmo that attatched to the gun then you spun an oil filter on and shot. They said it worked really well and was a lot cheaper than a suppressor. Unless you know what you're doing I don't think I'd attempt building my own.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have used these. It is a heater hose fitting that screws into the early chevy intake manifold.
An oil filter will screw onto this.. it gets about 3 threads and holds tight.
Slip the smooth end over the barrel and what I did was drill and tap for a set screw on the smooth end.

i.ebayimg.com_images_i_310977580985_0_1_s_l1000.jpg

CBarCRanch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have used these. It is a heater hose fitting that screws into the early chevy intake manifold.
An oil filter will screw onto this.. it gets about 3 threads and holds tight.
Slip the smooth end over the barrel and what I did was drill and tap for a set screw on the smooth end.

i.ebayimg.com_images_i_310977580985_0_1_s_l1000.jpg
Did you get this idea from the book "How To Be A Felon"?

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After watching videos for several hours last night I believe I can do it with the right tools and parts. I would be willing to give it a shot at least....

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
After watching videos for several hours last night I believe I can do it with the right tools and parts. I would be willing to give it a shot at least....

Do you really want to spend $200 and wait 9 months to "give it a shot"?
Rugged Suppressors and Silencerco make awesome cans that are proven already.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My hope is that some day you will be able to build your own with no tax stamp similar to a 80% lower. The solvent traps kits are complete and it would take nothing to make one. I just dont feel like going through the form 1 process so I will wait and see what happens. I have a store bought one for a 223 so that will hold me for a while.

Latest posts

Top Bottom