1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Suppressor Cover?

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by RustyZX9, Sep 13, 2009.

1. RustyZX9

RustyZX9 Sharpshooter

I run into that with the 9mm. If I warn whoever is running the timer they have been able to make things work out. The more that I've thought about this the more I think that good discipline is really the only prudent course of action. My big concern is that it won't take much of a lapse to burn the $%@! out of myself. lol... Seems like someone warned me about that already too. I'm sure that I'll figure something out. Thanks again for all of the help.

2. MAS GunWorks

MAS GunWorks Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    You will only do it once. Kind of like burning or touch the pipe or exhaust on a motorcycle. It usually only takes one time to make you not want to do it again. I won't say I know from experience but I won't do it again.

3. Josh-L

Josh-L Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Yep it only takes once lol. I was showing someone how to us a redimag and reached over the top and it hit the under side of my bicep. It stung a little...

4. Shadowrider

Shadowrider Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Rusty about the only thing that would actually work AND POSSIBLY not cook the can would be an aluminum heat sink. But something like that would look just hideous. :nono2: