Suppressor differences....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have a link showing comparisons of .22 cans? I have a Gemtech Oasis on a Ruger MKIII and am looking for another .22 can on a Buckmark or maybe a 22/45.

Last edited:

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you already have a Thread on can why not get a good integral? In the suppressor world they are the bees knees.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you already have a Thread on can why not get a good integral? In the suppressor world they are the bees knees.

The Gemtech Oasis is an integrally suppressed upper so I already have one. :D I know I can swap it onto a 22/45, but mainly thinking about something for a Buckmark.

maxim240sx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is some can info on a p22, unsuppressed is 156.7. These are just some of the popular ones

AAC element 115.9
AAC prodigy 116.5
SWR Spectre 118.8
Silencerco 22Sparrow 121.7
Tactical Innovations Tac 65 124.4

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is some can info on a p22, unsuppressed is 156.7. These are just some of the popular ones

AAC element 115.9
AAC prodigy 116.5
SWR Spectre 118.8
Silencerco 22Sparrow 121.7
Tactical Innovations Tac 65 124.4

Who did the metering for these numbers and how many rounds through each? Not saying they're wrong, but I really don't think the AAC cans are THAT much better than the Spectre or Sparrow, which are considered two of the best available. I also don't think there's a 2.9 dB difference between the Spectre and Sparrow either, based on side by side comparisons I've done.

Allegedly the new Surefire S-22 can has been metered at 113dB on a P22 host with CCI standard velocity ammo with a 30 round average. Those numbers are from the manufacturer, so it would be good to get some independent testing numbers to confirm them. The Major has allegedly test fired this can, so a PM or email to him might be in order. MSRP is set for $499, which is in line with the other premium .22 cans.

maxim240sx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who did the metering for these numbers and how many rounds through each? Not saying they're wrong, but I really don't think the AAC cans are THAT much better than the Spectre or Sparrow, which are considered two of the best available. I also don't think there's a 2.9 dB difference between the Spectre and Sparrow either, based on side by side comparisons I've done.

Allegedly the new Surefire S-22 can has been metered at 113dB on a P22 host with CCI standard velocity ammo with a 30 round average. Those numbers are from the manufacturer, so it would be good to get some independent testing numbers to confirm them. The Major has allegedly test fired this can, so a PM or email to him might be in order. MSRP is set for $499, which is in line with the other premium .22 cans.

I found all the above info from google searches :)
There are websites you can pay dues and you can find the exact info you want
For the money I think you cannot go wrong with SS sparrow or the spectre, both get good reviews over on NFA talk

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if anything has been done yet, but our Major Malfunction bought a bunch of test equipment just to collect that kind of info.

Latest posts

Top Bottom