Suppressor Noob Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A turnbolt is a rifle which has a bolt which turns by a manual turning manipulation to lock, as opposed to the many other types of rifles which also have bolts, but which do NOT turn by a manual turning operation, which includes but is not necessarily limited to OTHER "bolt actions" (meaning they DO have a bolt, as opposed to those which don't, like break action single shots), such as:

1. Straight-pull bolt actions (k31, steyr-mannlicher 1895, Sig Blaser, etc.), and
2. Toggle bolt actions (many biathlon style rifles, browning T-bolt, etc.),
3. Semi-auto rifles,
4. Pump rifles, and
5. Lever-action rifles

As you may have guessed, I'm very glad you asked this question. Next time you say "bolt rifle", I'll have to ask - "do you mean straight-pull, toggle-bolt, or what?" ;)

Reaction score
Check it guys: 1 in 9 stabilizes the SSS's - which is why a conversion kit is arguably better than a .22 upper for an AR15 .22 rimfire. The CZ 452 barrel will have a 1 in 9 on it; that's the plan; dedicated SSS bbl threaded and suppressed. The AR with conversion kit also already has a 1 in 9 twist bbl, but as it turns out, it's unnecessary because I shoot regular ammo in it now; this is because the front-heavy SSS's don't feed worth a crap in the ceiner kit; jams 3 times/ mag. No there's no harm in it; the 1 in 9 also shoots hi vel 30s and such just fine - at least it seems to so far. But the aguila SSS's, even though they don't feed right, shoot •very• well through my 16", 1 in 9, .224 barrel - kid you not - 1.75 - 2" groups at 50 yards. Yeah I know- that's "only" 3.5-4 MOA, but its plenty deadly to at least 65-70 yards, and it's not too shabby at all for my skill, non-match ammo, and just a 2-7 bushnell scope, and just bags (no lead sled). So point is, I cannot wait until I get my 452 converted to shoot the SSS's, so that they will shoot well AND actually feed (which they do through most turnbolts, such as the 452). Then suppressing will be the icin' on the cake. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom