Suppressor Quesrtions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipv125

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m looking at getting into suppressors and SBRs. I want to get a Daniel defense M4A1 and have the pinned muzzle device removed by a competent person (I’ll do a ton of research before mailing off my rifle). My question is, do they make suppressors that can wrap around certain flash hiders or are my only options going to be rocking bare threads with no muzzle device and then attaching a suppressor?

James Abram

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are numerous suppressors that use a quick connect system using a brake. Our most popular is the Dead Air Sandman-S. It’s a great suppressor with one of the best QD systems available, and when the suppressor is not attached the brake is very effective in reducing recoil.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m looking at getting into suppressors and SBRs. I want to get a Daniel defense M4A1 and have the pinned muzzle device removed by a competent person (I’ll do a ton of research before mailing off my rifle). My question is, do they make suppressors that can wrap around certain flash hiders or are my only options going to be rocking bare threads with no muzzle device and then attaching a suppressor?
There are some that even mount on the old A2 birdcage flash hider. (Griffin GP-N and Gemtech Halo)

It's good to research different mounting systems since so many companies now share the same thread pattern on their cans so they can share muzzle devices and mounts. I love my Surefire RC2, but it means I have to buy another $125 special snowflake muzzle device every time I buy a new rifle.

The big deciding factor for me was whether or not I wanted to use the can on multiple firearms. I have a 9mm suppressor that stays on 1 gun so it's threaded directly onto my AR9. I have a 5.56 can that bounces between multiple guns so I got one with a quick detach system.

GHArms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why not just build your own better and save the gunsmithing fee? It's a cold hammer forged crap barrel, has a $78 fixed gas block, which you don't want with a can, and you get the honor of paying soooo much more for it to say DD.

LennyDw

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
AAC use to offer the 51T quick mounting system. I have a few of them, but it's very difficult to find more now. Still very pleased with the suppressor though.

Still Bald

Marksman
Reaction score
Echoing the others above, once I got into suppressors and realized how much I loved them, I've pretty much gotten a can per gun that I shoot regularly. Because of that, I just went with direct threads on everything. No worrying about a quick connect coming loose or anything like that. Plus, if I plan on taking a different gun out, it takes all of 2 minutes to unthread from one rifle and thread on to another. It's rare that I'm swapping cans and guns at the range-- once a can is mounted on one of my firearms, it tends to live there for a while.

All that being said, there is some benefit of having a can install over your muzzle brake-- the muzzle brake will absorb some of the worst of the muzzle blast and you'll generally et a bit less erosion on your first baffle (if you shoot enough to see some wear and tear).

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After getting into the suppressor game, it became quickly apparent I would want a dedicated can for the rifles I use regularly. Direct thread was the way to go in my case. Reduces muzzle weight noticeabbly. They're addicting. You've been warned.

jackary

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
dwilsonmfg.com
D. Wilson does awesome pin and weld work. Check out pew science for unbiased suppressor feedback. There are several good mounting systems, figure out what suppressor fits what you are wanting to do and go with the mounts that work with it.

GHArms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got in a new batch of .224 Rex Silentium MG7’s. They are short, light and extremely capable. $499+ tax, stamp. I can do your EFiling right here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom