Suppressor question (pistol)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am getting close to ordering my first suppressor. The gun will be a 9MM Sig 226 with a factory threaded barrel and I am leaning toward a Gemtech suppressor. Now here is my question - what about the sights? Most of the guns I have seen with suppressors mounted appear to have sights too short to be functional. Should I order tall sights for the gun? Pardon my ignorance on the subject. Thanks.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can shoot just fine with the small sights so long as you keep both eyes open. You can "ghost" over the can and superimpose the sight picture onto the target with both eyes open.

If that isn't your cup of tea, I'd recommend the Meprolight adjustable night sights. They're robust and have good windage and elevation adjustments. They're tall enough to use over the can.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can shoot just fine with the small sights so long as you keep both eyes open. You can "ghost" over the can and superimpose the sight picture onto the target with both eyes open.

If that isn't your cup of tea, I'd recommend the Meprolight adjustable night sights. They're robust and have good windage and elevation adjustments. They're tall enough to use over the can.

+1 on the Meprolight adjustable night sights. I use them on my G17 and they clear the suppressor easily.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v389_CAR_AR_M16_Glock17.jpg