Suppressor question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ron

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been Looking for a while at getting a suppressor. I contacted a suppressor manufacture some time ago about options about suppressors. I was wanting a .223 and he said that I would be able shoot .22 through it too. Has anyone done this or does this on a regular.

ron

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've talked to other people about it and I get:

no, you cant you will ruin it

yeah, just have keep it clean do to lead fowling for .22

or, yeah shoot like you would a .223

Just looking for some input before I make an investment like that.

taymoor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do run .22 through mine. Just don't waste any time between shooting and cleaning. get some copper solvent (the foaming kind), fill'er up, let it sit for awhile, then blow out the silencer. Good enough in my book. I also make sure that after shooting .22 through the silencer, I run at least 20 rounds of .223 though it very last.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, you can shoot .22 LR through a can that is rated for a .223. DO NOT try to shoot .223 through a can that is just rated for .22LR.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, I think I going to get a .22 can for now and have fun with it, seeing how rounds are much cheaper.

That's the best way to do it. Get one of the .22 cans that can be disassembled for cleaning. I went with the new Silencerco Stainless Steel Sparrow. I think there will be some new .223 cans on the market in the next year or two that may change the .223 game.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's the best way to do it. Get one of the .22 cans that can be disassembled for cleaning. I went with the new Silencerco Stainless Steel Sparrow. I think there will be some new .223 cans on the market in the next year or two that may change the .223 game.

I'm with GTG on the .223 cans. But I will say that they aren't going to get quieter. They are going to get shorter and lighter while hopefully maintaining their dB numbers. I don't see a revolution like they had last year with the quiet pistol cans. Even shooting the louder KAC NT4 it is still an amazing performer sound wise to the ear. We're gonna see these mini cans start showing the 30dB reductions as the top of the line full size cans in the next couple years.

Also, the new SS Sparrow is definitely the way to go for a .22 can. That thing is sweet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom