Suppressor Trade Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What would be the process in trading a suppressor? I am considering trying to trade my 762SD for a M42K. Of course I would have to find an individual willing to make the trade, but I don’t want to lose my ass over it either. If losing a ton is my only option, I will just keep it. However, if I would only be out the stamp cost (+ whatever the person wanted on top), then that’s doable.

I would assume the process would go something like this:

Find someone that wants to trade
We both file paperwork with BATFE (pay stamp)
Wait forever
Make exchange

Is that correct?

Thanks,

Jake

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Correct. You would both file tax paid form 4s transferring your cans to the other party.

Perfect, now to find that individual... Thanks.

I would assume that I would hold on to the suppressor until the individual's paperwork came in, correct? This would be true for a local sale as well. If I made an out of state sale, I would have to file transfer paperwork to their local Class III dealer, correct?

Thanks again,

Jake

Last edited:

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Perfect, now to find that individual... Thanks.

I would assume that I would hold on to the suppressor until the individual's paperwork came in, correct? This would be true for a local sale as well. If I made an out of state sale, I would have to file transfer paperwork to their local Class III dealer, correct?
Thanks again,

Jake

An out of state sale will require two $200 transfer taxes. One $200 Form 4 transfer from you to their C3 dealer and then one $200 Form 4 transfer from their C3 dealer to them. I seriously doubt you will find someone who wants to spend that much.

Question, is your 762SD the older model that uses the 18 tooth mounts, or a newer one that uses the 51 tooth mounts?

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's the newer one that uses the 51T mount. So it would have to be a local sale... I can't justify that many transfer fees...

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How much would you want to sell it outright?

I'm not sure what a fair price would be, to be honest. I have less than 100 rounds through it. Maybe somewhere around $700. If I can find a buyer, I'd like to see if we can work something out on a m42k. Still kicking it around. Trying to justify the extra $$$ for smaller package and weight difference. It looks like I'll be mainly shooting 223 though, so...

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The sold for that new before being discontinued. Used suppressor market is very poor. I would probably offer you around $300-400 for the suppressor as a trade toward a new M4-2000. But also, I'd be buying it to resell. Sorta my thing. :D I think you may be able to find a local buyer for $400-600 but your small market gets smaller progressively as you move up in that range. One thing that is in your favor is that it is a great can for the money with it's only competition in that price range being YHM and frankly the YHM doesn't even come close to comparing.

My suggestion would be to hang onto it and buy an M4-2K or trade it to me for one. :D or and SDN-6.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lol. I hear ya. It's an awesome suppressor, but I doubt i'll ever really get in the 30 cal game, so I don't really have a need for it... Taking a hit on resale and another for the stamp is tough. Might be better off holding on to it and buying the m42K. Give me something to use while i wait then make a choice when it comes in. What would I be looking at on a m42k purchased through you? If you don't want to post it here, you can email it to me at [email protected] . take out the REMOVE :P

Latest posts

Top Bottom