1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Suppressor

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by Jeff Schlittenardt, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Foghorn

Foghorn Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Got a buddy who got his can same day as me, had his for a long time now. Guy at the shop was telling me another person bought two about the same time, got one months ago the other is in same status as mine?
    Nobody seems real sure what's going on with this status. Even ATF is really no help. It's been suggested I cancel and resubmit but really don't wanna pay again or start the wait over....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2. dancer4life

dancer4life Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I have wanted a couple of cans for quite sometime but just couldn't justify the wait time. I would actually pay more if I could get it the same day I bought it. Maybe one day it will be as easy (Here in Oklahoma) to by a suppressor as it is to buy a handgun. One can only dream.

3. k4ylr

k4ylr Marksman

But that logic makes no sense. If you'd have bought it when you wanted it, you'd have had it by now. It's the same thing as the people saying "I'll just wait for the HPA to pass and buy it". By the time the HPA would ever get it's day in Congress you'd have had your suppressor.

Just go buy it and forget about it. I said the same thing for a long time and finally took my own advice. Had my can in 8 months. Sure it sucks at first, but you've shot all this time without one, and you're going to keep on shooting while you wait...what's the difference?

4. dancer4life

dancer4life Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I see your point and it makes all the sense in the world. OK, OK, OK, I will bite the bullet and get it done.
    Thanks for the push. LOL!

5. steelfingers

steelfingers Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Does anyone have an idea to check the status of my application? Who to call and the number for those of you that have checked on the status?

6. Jwryan84

Jwryan84 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    IMG_0596.jpg
    You'll need the serial number to your can. That number is directly to atf.

7. Jwryan84

Jwryan84 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    If you resubmit you will get the first stamp money back as a refund. Bad part about it is You start all over.

dennishoddy likes this.
  8. Jwryan84

Jwryan84 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    My issue isn't is I already have 5 stamps on this trust, why is a 6th taking over a year. I need 3 more cans and am just going to order them all at the same time and hope it gets faster

9. steelfingers

steelfingers Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I have the Serial number to my can. Over the past year, I've gone by to visit it so much, we exchanged numbers. Ha.
    Does the atf get touchy about inquiries? I don't want to re-submit and I don't want them to decide that this is a resubmit.

If I can every get off my ass, I know someone that could take care of this, but I don't want to do that either. I don't want to suddenly have every gun purchase I make get delayed.
    Maybe I'm putting too much thought into this. That's what happens when you spend so much in a recliner ....Ha.

10. Preacherman

Preacherman Sharpshooter

The wait is frustrating. I'm going to write a new law that would not allow the ATF to cash the stamp check until the stamp is approved. Who's with me? If ATF reads this then I'm only kidding. :)

GlockPride, Jwryan84 and dennishoddy like this.