Supreme Court blocks Oklahoma from executing Richard Glossip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First I am very much pro death penalty.

But if there is even the slightest hint of mis conduct, evidence being destroyed that could prove a persons innocence, recanting of testimony etc, then the sentence needs to be stayed, a special investigation team started to look at all the evidence, and if the case was not handled correctly then the sentence reversed, charges dismissed with jeopardy attached.

Any misconduct by any law enforcement, DA or judge should be dealt with swiftly and harshly.

Just my .02 worth.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are others. Read the Innocent Man: Murder and Injustice in a Small town.
It took place in Ada Ok.
I know some of the principles in the book that were in the bar and interviewed later. Their testimony was completely disregarded and dismissed which led to Ron Williamson being on death row.
He was totally innocent.

Makes you wonder.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to not believe in the death penalty. Then I worked on a couple of death penalty cases (the mandatory appeals process) and read thru a few more death penalty files that were laying around the office. Now I think these guys (and gals -- I think we have at least one woman on death row) have it WAY too easy ...

He may not have pulled the trigger but he's not innocent as a babe in the wool either. I'm leaning towards cooking him -- just because I'm tired of hearing his name ... 🤷🤷

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There were lots of things that were left out and completely ignored in that book because it didn’t fit with them being “innocent”.

That is the HORRIBLE thing about death penalty cases -- both sides are willing to ignore certain facts to get you to come to THEIR conclusion. And rarely, if ever, are the reasons for their position altruistic. It is a giant mess of ******** no matter how you look at it.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Big fan of the death penalty, unless there is real doubt. A denial by the convicted does not constitute real doubt to me.

Prosecutorial misconduct does. If you had to cheat to get the conviction, the accused deserves a new trial.

I don’t know if this guy is guilty or not. I don’t know about the Ada thing either. I know what I watched. I’ve done no research, and I ain’t gonna. Other things to do. Not my crusade. We got a governor, AG and P&P Board. They need to do their job. However I can’t think of anything more egregious than executing a man for a crime he did not commit.

There are enough overturned death row cases to give a reasonable person pause though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom